"Receiving a professional recommendation from the office and in consultation with the Directorate for execution of punishment, today I asked the attorney General to appeal a decision", — said the head of the Ministry of justice of Norway Anders Anundsen.

The office does not agree that in relation to Breivik was a violation of article 3 of the European Convention for the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms on prohibition of torture and degrading treatment.

"In appeal, the state expressed its disagreement with both the evaluation of evidence by the district court and with how they have been applied rules of law", — reads the statement of the head of the Ministry of justice. By law, appeal to a judicial body of higher instance must be filed within one month since the official announcement of the court decision.

Breivik accused the government of violating two clauses of the European Convention for the protection of human rights — banning "inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment" and the right to "private and family life" and "correspondence".

Last week, the judge came to the conclusion that the conditions of detention in prisons in the Mud (close to Oslo) and Skien (Skien), which complained to Breivik, were "inhuman and degrading", but refused to acknowledge that the state violated the right of terrorists to privacy.

As mentioned in the verdict published on the court's website, "the ban on inhuman and degrading treatment is a fundamental value in a democratic society, including when dealing with terrorists and murderers".

Recall that in March, when he appeared in court, Breivik raised his arm in a Nazi salute as soon as he removed the handcuffs. It was his first appearance in public since 2012, when he is sentenced.

Anders Behring Breivik on July 21, 2011 made a double attack that was the bloodiest in the history of Norway. He first detonated a car bomb in the government quarter of Oslo, killing eight people, and then went to youth camp of the ruling party, AUF, where he shot another 69 people, without resistance surrendered to the police after her arrival. The youngest victim was 14 years old. Breivik explained their actions disagreement with the policy AUF in the area of immigration law, creating a threat for the native Norwegians.

The court found Breivik guilty of a double terrorist act and sentenced to the maximum penalty — 21 years imprisonment with the possibility of renewal for five years for unlimited times.