"We are not going to raise this issue [of resignation]. There is someone to make these decisions. You know me a hundred years. I'm always ready to go if it goes to someone on benefits will be needed," Mutko told reporters Thursday.
Mutko did not comment on the decision of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) about his lifelong disqualification. According to him, now the primary task of the state to protect the interests of athletes. "I — it then. Now the main thing is the guys who are suspended," — said he, stressing that suspended Russian athletes will receive legal support to fight the decision of the IOC.
Mutko also said the IOC decision would not affect the plans of holding the world Cup in Russia in 2018. "It is absolutely different things. Today FIFA has issued a statement that it does not apply to the world Cup. This is a separate project, the situation is different in any way has no effect", — quotes the Vice-Premier TASS.
As previously reported, on December 5, the IOC suspended the national team of Russia from participation in the Olympics in 2018, which will be held from 9 to 25 February in Pyeongchang. Act, only those athletes who are able to prove innocence to doping fraud. In this case, they will compete at the Olympics under a neutral flag.
Mutko is no longer eligible to participate in the Olympic games in any capacity. In the IOC thought that the Deputy Prime Minister involved in the emergence in Russia of a doping system, which was controlled at the state level.
Mutko has held the post of Deputy Prime Minister from October 2016. In parallel, he manages the Russian football Union. Prior to this, Mutko eight years as the Minister of sports of Russia.