Debt obligations formed for the period from 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2010. Payments are billed on behalf of the AO City zemes dienests, SIA engaged in debt collection Vienotais norēķinu centrs. According to the company, requirements for tenants exposed only now because of the protracted trials. Cspp has received numerous requests for assistance the press service of the CSP.
What to do: recommendations cspp
- To clarify whether the current owner of the apartment owner in the period for which he is required to pay the debt by leasing land. The land owner has the right to demand rent only from those who was the owner of the apartment, and only in that case, unless the Statute of limitations.
- To calculate what time has passed since the inception of the debt. For example, if the rent requested for the period from 1 January to 1 September 2008, then from that moment it has been more than 8 years.
- If the owner of land is acting in the ordinary course of business, under Commercial law, the Statute of limitations is three years.
- If you do not recognize a duty not to sign the agreement that offers AS City zemes dienests (it assumes that the debt will be recognized and payments will be made according to the agreed schedule).
- If you get a message from norēķinu centrs SIA Vienotais the beginning of a process of collection of the debt, not to pay the amount, and to use the opportunity to submit written objections in the event of Statute of limitations and lack legal basis (agreement between the parties).
Previously it was reported that many homeowners have keep the receipts that prove payment of rent of land. Representatives of the City zemes dienests admit that this situation could arise due to the fact that homeowners transferred the money Manager of the house who have not transferred the money to the owner of the land. A representative of the NGO Rīgas namu pārvaldnieks (RNP) Santa Volume denies this possibility: "This can not be. You did not create any savings. Rather, the situation could arise due to the fact that the house is located on several parcels belonging to different owners. The rent at the time translated, but not in all areas." According to her, to date, the RNP has turned around 40 owners, but they can not help, but only you can give advice on how to proceed.
The problem has long been known, said Diena. A few years ago in the diet was launched the work on the legislative amendments that govern the completion of the privatization process (of buying land under the house, and forced lease of land under privatized buildings). Their proposals to the Ministry of justice submitted to the Parliament twice, on 1 October 2015 and 17 March 2016. The bill passed in the first reading. In the Declaration, the government stated that the issue needs to be resolved before mid-2017, this bill is a series of reviews. But it is unclear whether it will be accepted by mid-year.