Not all audiophiles know that the usual scale of the modern piano keyboard at the time was considered a crime against God and nature, and debate on it occupied philosophers and scientists such as Pythagoras, Plato, da Vinci, Newton and Rousseau.
Since antiquity and up to the age of Enlightenment, the relationship between notes of the musical scale was seen as a key to the knowledge of the Universe. Stuart Isacoff accessible and fascinating talks on disputes and conflicts over musical settings, places them in the context of the history of art, philosophy, religion, politics and science. The invention of the modern system of tuning known as equal temperament, questioned representation, unshakable for nearly two millennia — and on the other hand, led to the emergence of the great music of Beethoven, Schubert, Chopin, Debussy and other composers.
• The shopping center Domina, shop-coffee shop (Riga, Ieriku 3, phone 20017488)
• TTS Kurzeme (Liepaja, Liela street 13, tel 27046988)
• Shopping center Origo (Riga, Stacijas laukums 2, phone 27049013)
• The shopping center Alfa in Riga (Brivibas gatve 372, phone 27000043)
• TC Mols (Riga, Krasta 46, phone 20017477)
• TC Damme (Riga, Kurzemes prospekts 1a, phone 20017489)
• Riga, Gertrudes street 7, tel. 27049014 )
• Riga, Moscow House (Marias 7, 27000042)
• Shopping center Dole (Riga, Maskavas 357, 2nd floor, tel. 27000045)
• TC Talava (Riga, Saharova 21, tel 27000079)
• Solo TP (Daugavpils, Rigas street 9, 2nd floor, tel. 27041162)