In search of meaning
To child broke away from the game and remembered entrusted to him, must be some good reason. So from an adult is required to think carefully about the motivation for their requests. The assertion that a child must do something because he has as many as 5 years or because you are at his age did it ourselves, it only evoke boredom.
In addition, many children do not always correctly represent how and what to do to parents were happy, because of the lack of clear requirements. The child notices that an adult is much more important to the result than to make him independent. For example, seeing that he slowly carries a sponge on a puddle of spilled milk, mom takes matters into his own hands and she liquidates the consequences of the accident. It turns out, is much easier to spur the activity of the parent by starting to whine or pretending to be weak.
1. Make sure that the child is faced with the negative consequences of his laziness and irresponsibility. For example, if it detects that the markers are dried up due to the fact that he forgot to put on the caps, do not rush to buy a new set. Let them draw a week or two pencils or paints. Every time a child is with a sigh to hint that it would be nice to have markers, as well sigh in response and expressed doubts: and suddenly a new set will not live long? Further memories about this difficult period of creativity will motivate the child to monitor his / her things.
2. Demanding from the child of independence, guided by the principle of expediency, forgetting about aesthetics and other lofty matters. For example, it is not necessary to ask him to put toys in place immediately after the game. Preschooler does one thing for 15-20 minutes, and if it will be cleaned after each period, it will be similar to the cleaning robot valley. Please put everything in its place before going to sleep, not to stumble over toys in the dark, will be more child-friendly.
3. Scope and content of duties must be formulated as specific as possible, for example: "After dinner to take from the table his plate," not "Need to clean up after themselves!".
4. Tell us about how many interesting things you can get done in the time saved, if to dress themselves, not waiting for help: to watch half of the movie, to paint six paintings, etc.
The master plan
Many children, due to age features of development are not able to plan their activities. They would be happy to do something on their own, but I don't know where to start and how to implement what you want. Offer to build my own backpack for a hike in the pool drives the child into a stupor. Not knowing what to do — whether for a towel, flip-flops, he prefers to shift things into a pile and wait for your mom. These children need not so much for more motivation, how many steps to the job.
1. Use images to visualize the action sequences. This "infographic" can display the order in which to put things, going to kindergarten, or the instructions for brushing teeth. Child will like to use such a cheat sheet, if it will be possible to move the square, as is done in the calendars, or to move the magnet. For older children it can be "sticky" sheets of paper with written reminders.
2. Try to rhyme the sequence of stages, for example: "Hands milim and wash off, wipe with a towel!". First, do everything together, saying the poem and then gradually give the child more independence. In case of difficulty, do not deny him aid because thanks to it he learns.
3. Do not rush to blame the kid in laziness, if he shows carelessness or consummates. In order to perform well on the job, you need to keep in mind an idea of the result. If the child thinks that to put a stack" — it means just putting one book to another, he acquires the analog of the Pisa tower, the base of which lies a book about the turnip, and the top — encyclopedia. Explain how you determine which book to put next and when to stop so that the stack is not collapsed.