According to 73-year-old Leonard bloom, 67-year-old Gunther Eckardt and 71-year-old Peter, Laura, during the Second world war, the Nazis built secret bunkers in a system of caves in the hills of Hartenstein.
Here, according to archaeologists, is the missing Amber room, which previously was kept in Koenigsberg (now Kaliningrad) after the Germans took it from the occupied territories near St. Petersburg. In the area surrounding the caves is also a train station, where in 1945, he noticed the train arrived from Konigsberg.
Three treasure hunters began searching room after a "reliable source" told them about her location in the tunnels under the hills of Hartenstein. Armed with ground-penetrating radar, the man found the caves under the system of voids that are likely to be military shelters. In addition, they have found marks on the trees from the steel ropes used to carry heavy boxes.
The ENT believes that in secret bunkers hidden treasures of the last monarch of the German Empire, Kaiser Wilhelm II.
The probability that the Amber room could be hidden in one of the caves of the Ore mountains in the South of Saxony, very small, and commented on this post RBC historian Konstantin Zalessky, a specialist in the history of the Third Reich.
"When the room is exported from Konigsberg, to carry it to Saxony very time consuming. It is much easier to hide in Silesia, there are also abandoned mines. If carried on the ship, had to hide in Northern Germany," — he said.
According to Zalessky, during the Soviet occupation, the Germans actively cooperated with the occupation authorities, "donating all the [treasures] that." "If these tunnels was the Amber room, she died, as amber is a resin. It must be stored in certain conditions, so that it is not decayed," explained Zalesky. The amber room did not belong to the "outstanding areas" of the Third Reich, therefore, of special operations for her burial should not be carried out, said Zaleski.
The search for the Amber room became a popular story in the media and a subject of controversy treasure hunters. While stolen by the Nazis from Catherine Palace in Tsarskoye Selo value only with the beginning of the year 2015 "found" three times — in the dungeons of the town of Wuppertal in the Ruhr and two Kaliningrad bunkers. Enthusiasts, every one of which claims that there is no error, please give them money for continuing the search for the famous Amber room.
The amber room is a masterpiece of art of the XVIII century, created by the master Andreas Schlüter for the Prussian king Friedrich I. It consisted of amber panels, ornaments and murals. The son of the monarch presented the room as a gift to Peter I in 1717. This 52 square meters of panels, made of three shades of amber, 565 decorated with heavy chandeliers, mirrors, mosaics and the two tons of gold, according to Newsru.com.
In 1941 the Wehrmacht soldiers were taken Amber room of the Royal residence and brought her to the castle of Koenigsberg. Four years later, her traces were lost. A Soviet Commission of inquiry, headed by historian-critic Alexander Brusov, came to the conclusion that the Amber room burned under the bombs in 1945.
In 2000, Germany gave Russia fragments of the true Amber room. This mosaic was seized three years earlier from a certain notary, to whom it was transferred for temporary possession of a German officer involved in the removal of treasures from Tsarskoye Selo.
Now in Tsarskoye Selo you can see the exact copy of the Amber room, stolen during the war. The restorers recreated it from photos and descriptions. Work lasted 23 years and ended in 2003. The official opening was timed to the 300th anniversary of St. Petersburg. Restoration cost 11.35 million dollars, 3.5 of which was allocated by the German company "Ruhrgas AG".
To create the decoration of the room was used six tons of amber from the Kaliningrad fields. The largest nugget placed in the restored Amber room, weighs one kilogram. It was bought from a Moscow collector for a thousand dollars.