To stay happy and healthy, it is essential to get a good night’s rest. To get a good night’s sleep, actually mean that you sleep comfortably, which mean that you are sleeping on the right mattress.
Firstly you should think about what kind of sleeper you are; peaceful or restless? Do you prefer a firmer or softer type of mattress to sleep on? Do you have any type of injury that causes pain during the night, which can be affected by a mattress?
Facts you should take into consideration:
1. Type of Mattress: Open spring mattresses; contains long, metal wire pieces coiled into lots of springs. This mattress is lightweight but do not support the body as well as some other mattresses can, but is still good value for money.
Pocket spring mattress; these mattresses are more luxurious and are made up of smaller, individual springs, housed within a fabric-pocket. This is a heavier type of mattress, but, more breathable, to prevent overheating while sleeping.
Memory foam mattress; are made from a mouldable material, memory foam, that responds to the body’s temperature and mould to the shape of the body. It absorbs the body’s weight and will relieve the pressure on pressure points on the body.
2. Mattress Sizes: You need to decide how many space you need when sleeping. Are you sharing with a partner? Or do the kids join you in the mornings? You will have a choice between, single, small double, double, queen, king-size and super king-size.
3. How do you sleep? Do you sleep peacefully without turning around, or are you restless and toss and turn, a lot? This can influence your choice on the firmness and even the size of the mattress. When suffering from back pain, joint pain or lower-back pain, it will also have an influence on your choice of bed.
4. Mattress Firmness: Your choices will be between soft, medium-soft, medium-firm and firm. Firm mattresses are best for people suffering from back pain because it will keep your back in a stable position. Medium-firm supports the lower back. Medium-soft is ideal if you turn around a lot while sleeping, and soft mattresses will serve restless sleepers well.
5. Your Budget: This might be the biggest factor in your choice. A good choice will be the normal open spring mattress if you need quality at a good price. Pocket spring mattresses and memory foam mattresses tend to be more expensive because of the materials and methods used to produce them.
With a bit of research and this guide, you can make an informed decision when deciding which mattress to buy.